Post a job
Post a job
Pipelines Field Engineer
** MUST APPLY ONLINE AT
Teichert Pipelines is looking for two (2) Field Engineers!
The purpose of this role is to develop well-rounded future talent with construction expertise across multi-disciplines – ultimately creating professionals with experience in the full scope of construction management. Specifically, this role assists and supports Field Operations and/or Estimating functions in achieving their respective goals and objectives. This role contributes to several facets of construction (pipelines, project management, field operations, estimating). Field Engineer positions qualify a company truck.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in achieving a zero injury culture through the support of Teichert’s Injury Prevention and Safety program and active participation in safety meetings and training sessions. Proactively identifies, and communicates, safety improvements and hazardous/potentially hazardous conditions to maintain a safe, healthy work environment and meet corporate safety standards .
- Completes assignments and tasks on time, accurately, and meets customer expectations. Specifically, assists Project Managers, Superintendents, and/or Estimators in circumventing and resolving problems, and ensures adherence to, and maintenance of, company/project policies, procedures, work rules, schedules, and standards. May assist in monitoring work performance and productivity of crafts.
- Provides support, and assists, in coordinating resources for assigned projects. Specifically, may: check labor, equipment, and materials for accuracy pertaining to the job; coordinate subcontractors and suppliers; order and schedule material for assigned jobs; and/or build GPS models on the computer for the field.
- Assists Estimators in performing material takeoffs. Specifically, may gather, calculate, and compile data for uses in bid proposal estimates for one or more disciplines. In addition, may develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates through researching historical data and compiling summary reports.
- Accurately prepares estimates, as required. Reviews proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope. Determines required contents of estimates and evaluates historical data in order to project unit and man hour figures.
- Substantial travel to prepare and support job sites
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships with internal and external customers. Communicates company and project policies, procedures, and standards. Maintains a favorable impression of the company with external customers through professional and courteous interactions.
- Completes internal administrative organization responsibilities and documentation, including project logs, files, records, reports and estimates. May include diaries, submittals, RFI’s, contracts, permits, price quotes, purchase orders, work orders, invoices, traffic control plan design, and quantity take-off materials. Assists in developing written Construction/ Pipeline Program guidelines.
- Additional responsibilities including but not limited to: mark and call in USA tickets, perform pre-job walks with Construction Managers to determine property lines and scope of work, take pre and post job photos, place door hangers/property owner coordination, restoration sketches, and pull permits for meter relocation. Support field crews for redline/as-built preparation, materials acquisition/coordinate with PG&E field engineer, determination of out-of-scope items, collect GPS coordinates and compile field weld logs.
- Takes ownership of managing career, professional growth, and contribution to Teichert Pipelines. Works closely with engineering services, field operations, and/or estimating on work performance and productivity. Gains exposure, and contributes to, multiple areas of the company. Communicates personal and professional goals and objectives, with the ultimate result of progressing from a Field Engineer into an Engineering Services, Field Operations, or Estimating role.
Role Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, (or related field) or equivalent combination of technical training and related experience
Experience & Industry Expertise:
- Zero to five years experience in construction industry, comparable technical training, or related experience
Specific Job Requirements:
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug, alcohol, and background investigation
- Valid Driver’s License
- Current on all company required safety training
- Ability to preserve confidential and proprietary information and successfully avoid conflicts-of-interest
- Knowledge of drafting and ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to utilize computer aided systems and equipment to calculate material quantity requirements
- Knowledge of project management software and/or estimating software
- Working knowledge of construction equipment, materials, techniques, and required standards applicable to discipline
- Knowledge of company’s Standard Operating Policies and Procedures
- Substantial travel / Occasional overnight travel
- Relationship Management
- Business Acumen
- Organization and Management
- People Development
- Technology: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Primavera, HCSS-Heavy Job
- Technical competence in construction
Teichert is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify Company.
** MUST APPLY ONLINE AT
How to apply
** MUST APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.TEICHERT.COM **
We sent you an email, please confirm your subscription!
Please, fill in the valid email address
Invalid email address!